Western Bay Community Housing
Who do we support?
Anyone over the age the 18, who has support needs and is registered with either Swansea or Neath Port Talbot Local Authority as homeless or at risk of homelessness
What is the purpose of this service?
We provide supported accommodation to clients in a shared community housing setting, and access to flexible support during the day from a Support Worker. Out of Hours On Call support is available for all individuals living in our community houses via a dedicated Hub. We liaise with other agencies to help clients gain independence and daily living skills in order to move on into their own accommodation.
What support does this service provide?
We offer support to:
- Improve daily living skills – cleaning, cooking, managing money, paying bills
- Integrate into the community – working with other agencies to join groups, find hobbies and socialise
- Find volunteering or paid work
- Help to access counselling, Solution Focused practitioner or any other therapy needed
- Support to identify what type og home an individual would like to live in - be it supported, independent, private, council etc.
- Support to help someone secure accommodation and move on successfully
- Resettlement support
- and any other support needed, tailored to the individuals support needs
How would people access this service?
Register with your Local Authority Housing Options, either Swansea or Neath Port Talbot. They will complete a referral form and send it to us.
We have 7 houses, across 6 different areas – something to suit everyone!
Please make enquiries with our team if you would like to know more about the service.
How to get in touch
Telephone: 01792 674876
Address: Western Bay Community Houses, Custom House, Cambrian Place, Swansea, SA1 1RG