Please email your CV together with a cover letter to Amanda Parry, Executive Director – HR Services,
Or use our recruitment partner
Apply on Indeed
About the Tenancy Support Worker Role
Being a housing support worker takes passion, commitment, and resilience. At Goleudy, our housing support workers support anyone aged 18+ who needs help managing tenancy-related issues to prevent homelessness, eviction, or failure.
Duties of a Tenancy Support Worker
- Help clients with debts, arrears and benefits
- Finding alternative accommodation for those who need it
- Helping to set up new tenancies
- Liaising with gas, water, and electricity providers
- Manage a client caseload and complete risk assessments
- Providing housing Support and Advice
- Encourage clients to participate and integrate into their local community
- Trauma-informed and Solution Focus approach to person-centred support
Required Skills for a Tenancy Support Worker
- Positive attitude towards personal resilience and working with people who face multiple disadvantages/exclusions
- Organised with excellent time management skills and able to work flexibly across several project types and client groups
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to understand and explain complex issues succinctly to clients, colleagues, and managers
- Knowledge or background of working with people in housing, support, social care, health, education, or other voluntary sector settings.
- Interest in housing-related support services and the wider social issues of homelessness, health, mental health, substance use, criminal justice, and benefit/welfare system.
About our Charity, Goleudy
Goleudy is a charity that aims to prevent homelessness by providing housing, creating opportunities, and tackling poverty and social exclusion. Our job is to improve people's lives threatened with or experiencing homelessness, a housing crisis, mental health issues, and trauma. We have been operating for 47 years and cover four local authority areas. We take pride in our projects' friendly, strong team ethos.
The Benefits you will receive when working for Goleudy:
- 26 days annual leave with incremental rises taking you to 33 days by year 4, in addition to UK bank holidays.
- Non-contributory Healthcare Cash Plan.
- Contributory Pension Scheme.
- Group Life Assurance Policy.
- Paid mileage when driving for work purposes.
- Learning and Development Opportunities.
- Employee Discounts.
- Colleague Referral Scheme.
- Smart Working Policy.
How to Apply:
Applications are invited from those with the required skills and experience and looking to make a real difference to people in South Wales experiencing homelessness, poverty, trauma, and social exclusion.