“I was considering live in support worker jobs near me as well as care assistant and care
worker roles. Goleudy had a great range of support worker jobs, all making a real difference to
the local community”. Support worker, Swansea.
If you’ve been thinking about care worker jobs in Swansea or care assistant jobs in
Swansea, our support worker jobs in Swansea could be a great option for you. As a support
worker, you’ll help to make sure that people have a safe place to live, can maintain their
tenancies and help to build social connections that support their health and wellbeing. No
two days are the same and support jobs, in Swansea can include:
● Helping people to book important medical or benefits appointments.
● Supporting people to develop the skills they need to live independently.
● Running community activities that will build people’s confidence and boost their
happiness. This can include things like art projects, beach crafts and music sessions.
● Working with professionals from other organisations to make sure that clients get all the
help they need to rebuild their lives.
● Helping to fight food poverty in our community fridge project.
Even if you have no experience, support worker jobs can be a great stepping stone to a
rewarding career in the charity sector. Research has found that the job satisfaction rate among
workers in charity jobs is one of the highest – 77%, compared to a UK average of 72%. There
are lots of reasons why you should work in a charity, including a sense of fulfilment, good
benefits and the opportunity to work with a wide range of people. Being able to build
relationships with people is an important skill for support worker jobs, as are flexibility and
At Goleudy we have a great range of support worker jobs in Swansea.
Our support worker jobs offer:
● Flexibility - we offer full-time and part-time jobs with weekday, weekend and evening
● Training and opportunities for progression.
● Generous paid holiday time (full-time 26 days rising to 33 days after 4 years plus 8 bank
● Pension contributions.
● Health care cash plans that provide annual cover towards dental, optical and other
● Paid mileage when you are driving as part of your job.
● Extra payments for sleep-in shifts.
As a support worker, you will help people like Peter, who had to leave home because it was not
a safe place for him to live. Peter had nowhere to go, but our Swansea support worker team
helped him to access emergency and then temporary accommodation while we helped him to
find a long-term home in a housing association property. After Peter moved into his new home,
his support worker kept in regular contact with him to make sure he was settling in. Peter is
now doing really well and regularly makes use of our community fridge project.
Apply now for a support worker job and you can make a real difference to the lives of people
who are homeless or at risk of losing their homes.
Update your browser to view this website correctly. Update my browser now