Please use the links below to browse Goleudy's Charity Jobs in your prefered region.
The voluntary sector in Wales employs over 46,000 people and offers a huge variety of jobs that give you the chance to make a real difference in people's lives. A sense of fulfilment, good pay and benefits and the opportunity to meet a wide range of people are just a few reasons you should work in a charity. If you've never considered applying for a charity job before, research has found that the job satisfaction rate across workers in charity jobs is one of the highest – 77%, compared to a UK average of 72%.
Even though the charity sector in Wales is large and varied, there continue to be some myths about charity jobs, including the idea that charity work is restricted to just a few types of jobs. In reality, many different jobs are available at all levels, whether you are looking for an entry-level position, a graduate opportunity or an experienced professional wanting to switch from the commercial to the charity sector.
In Wales, charity jobs offer rewarding careers where no two days are the same. At Goleudy, our teams can tackle food poverty through our award-winning Community Fridge project, running activities which help isolated people build community connections or supporting vulnerable young adults to build the confidence and life skills they need to maintain their tenancies.
Our charity work in Swansea helps people like Jamie, an alcoholic who had resorted to sleeping on the beach. With our team's help, he could find safe, secure accommodation and build his confidence through volunteering.
Homelessness in Wales remains a huge challenge for our society:
● More than 15,000 people become homeless in Wales each year - this includes 2,800 children
● A further 10,000 people a year come within days of losing their homes
● Hundreds of people sleep rough on the streets
You can make life better for people who find themselves without a safe place to live by taking on a charity job at Goleudy.
We're always looking to employ flexible, committed people with diverse work and life experience to join our teams. Our charity jobs in Swansea, Neath Port Talbot, Carmarthenshire and Pembrokeshire will allow you to work with homeless people or at risk of becoming homeless to help them rebuild their lives.
Our charity jobs offer:
● Flexibility - we offer full-time and part-time jobs with available weekday, weekend and evening shifts.
● Training and opportunities for progression.
● Generous paid holiday time (full time 26 days rising to 33 days after four years plus eight bank holidays) and pension contributions.
● Health care cash plans provide annual cover for dental, optical and other treatments.
● Paid mileage when you are driving as part of your job.
So, if you are looking for interesting work where you can make a real difference to communities in Swansea, charity jobs at Goleudy could be for you.