Job Purpose and Key Responsibilities
Our exciting Housing First project in Bridgend County Borough sets out to achieve long term, sustainable housing outcomes for clients who face multiple disadvantages and have co-dependent support needs.
As well as having a background in supporting others, you’ll also need to be prepared to roll up your sleeves and be a team player, ensuring your clients are getting the right support to achieve their goals and be on hand to assist in the coordination of the project.
If you have the passion, talent, and resilience to be part of a successful team, to negotiate with stakeholders and take on additional responsibilities to deliver great results, we want to hear from you.
Provide high quality, flexible and holistic support that focuses on strengths and goals within a framework of active engagement, harm reduction and tenancy sustainment.
- Manage a caseload; complete risk assessments, offer practical advice and advocacy.
- Record, monitor and review client progress against planned outcomes.
- Negotiate with stakeholders fast-track access to essential services and tenancy options.
- Liaise with Bridgend County Borough Council with regards to accessing additional funding for clients e.g. assistance to set up and secure accommodation.
- Encourage clients to participate and integrate into their local community including access to employment, training and leisure services where appropriate.
- Develop community links and a joined-up approach to local services that clients can access when required and sustain after support intensity reduces.
- Contribute to an effective team approach in meeting project requirements and competing demands. Coordinate and allocate tasks to other team members
- Follow a pattern of service delivery that includes street work, co-location, remote working, and supporting people in their own homes.
- Oversee the provision of out of hours support, ensuring clients have access to support if needed 7 days a week including evenings and weekends with safe lone working.
- Deputise for the Outreach Coordinator in coordinating the service, including task allocation, participating in external meetings and liaising with external contacts & stakeholders.
Essential Behaviours, Skills & Knowledge
Applicants must demonstrate:
- Standard of behaviour is in line with Code of Conduct and the core values of our organisation.
- Positive attitude towards personal resilience and working with people who face multiple disadvantages/exclusions.
- Capable of being the ‘competent person’ with regards to expertise and scope of responsibility e.g. complex client cases or corporate initiatives.
- Able to adhere to policy framework in day to day practice with minimal supervision and contribute to policy development.
- Able to work as part of a team and skilled in building positive stakeholder partnerships with results.
- Organised with excellent time management skills and able to deputise for manager in coordinating project/delegating tasks to others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to understand and explain complex issues succinctly and complete written tasks to a high standard.
- Able to operate well in a busy environment and lone work safely in the community
- High standard of literacy, numeracy and information recording skills including accurate use of IT systems and applications.
- Demonstrate a competent person level of insight regarding welfare/benefits and wider social issues of homelessness, as well as psychologically informed approaches, harm reduction, co-production and client skills development.
- Demonstrable understanding of the legislation governing health and safety, safeguarding and GDPR
- Demonstrate understanding of Housing First models and the key principles
- Ability to commit to a flexible rota that includes some evening and weekend working.
- Car Owner in possession of full driving licence and Business level insurance.
- Smart, professional, business-appropriate appearance at all times.
Interested? If you feel you possess the relevant competencies and attributes for this role then please in the first instance email your cv to our recruitment partner Equals One at firstname.lastname@example.org. In return you will be sent a person specification and an expression of interest form. NO AGENCIES.